- Import of firearms is strictly prohibited.
- Import of Cartridges in excess of 50 is also prohibited.
Transfer of Residence to India However, in the case of persons transferring their residence (as per conditions specified in the rules) to India for a minimum period of one year, one firearm of permissible bore can be allowed to be imported subject to the conditions that:
- the same was in possession and use abroad by the passenger for a minimum period of one year and also subject to the condition that such firearm, after clearance, shall not be sold, loaned, transferred or otherwise parted with, for consideration or otherwise, during the lifetime of such person.
- the firearms can be allowed in such cases on payment of applicable duty provided the passenger has a valid arms licence from the local authorities
Import of Airgun
Airgun Can be imported via personal baggage route or via post/ courier route
- The importer MUST be a current member of a Rifle Club/ Shooting Association
- The air guns / air-pistols imported can ONLY be in .177 calibre
More Information about Importing airguns into India
Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route
Procedure to import guns and ammunation for shooting sports