- India's 2013/14 budget Updates : Custom Duty
The duty free allowance on jewellery for an Indian passenger, who has been residing abroad for over one year or a person...
- Toy Helicopters Ban
Recently 6,000 toy helicopters confiscated from passengers over the last two years.
- India Custom's Tariff
Personal and household effects are treated as baggage and can be imported freely without any restriction as to the value of the goods..
- Customs Website
Central Board of Excise and Customs website & URLs
- India Custom Duty on Alcoholic Beverages
The approximate rates of duty for these items:
- Registering a complaint : vigilance
The problem of people trying to bypass customs and customs officials harassing people arises because the people are not aware about the rules. The Indian customs officials use that to their advantage.
- Prohibited and Restricted Goods
The term “Prohibited Goods” has been defined in sub-section 33 of Section 2 of the Customs Act as meaning “any goods the import or export of which is subject to any prohibition under the Customs Act or any other law for the time being in force”
- Taking LCD TV to India : Indian Custom Duty on LCD TV
- Is it a good idea to take Game Console to India ??
- Frequently Asked Questions Faqs
- Laptop Rule
Import duty for bringing laptops into India....One Laptop Duty Free
- Import of Gold & Silver
FAQs on Import of Gold by NRI's
- Importing Firearms
Import of firearms is strictly prohibited. Import of Cartridges in excess of 50 is also prohibited.
- Import of Passenger Automobiles to India
- India Customs Rules for Transferring Residency to ...
Transfer of Residence entitlements are applicable to returning Indians
- India Currency Regulations
Money should be exchanged only at authorized centers likes banks and money changers who will in turn issue an encashment certificate that is required...
- India Currency: Indian Rupee Rs INR
The issuance of the currency is controlled by the Reserve Bank of India. The most commonly used symbols (abbreviated) for the rupee are Rs, Rs....
- Foreign Exchange Import of Indian Currency
- India Airports